Young Lawyers of the GCBA
Are you a young lawyer practicing in Galveston County? We encourage you to learn more about the Young Lawyers Section of the Galveston County Bar Association.
The Young Lawyers Section aims to:
- Establish a close relationship with Galveston County young lawyers,
- Provide educational and service programs encouraging the professional development of young lawyers,
- Provide guidance and leadership to young lawyers for the organization, development and creation of public service programs,
- Support young lawyers’ efforts in promoting justice and improving the quality of the legal system, and
- Organize the young lawyer members of the Galveston County Bar Association so that they may cooperate for the betterment of the profession and for the advancement of the objectives and works of both organizations.
Eligible GCBA members are those under the age of 36 years as of June 1 of the current calendar year or GCBA members who have not practiced law in any jurisdiction for more than 60 months prior to June 1 of the current calendar year. Members may remain in the Section until they turn 36 years old or have been in the Section for five years.
There are currently no dues to belong to the Section. There are at least five Section meetings per year and an annual meeting that coincides with the GCBA’s annual meeting in June.
The Section is led by elected officers including the President, President-Elect and Past President. Voting for the Section officers occurs at the annual meeting by Section members in good standing.
To learn more about joining the Section, contact the current Section officers.
Galveston County Young Lawyers Section President: Joe Cavanagh
Galveston County Young Lawyers Section President-Elect: Gus Knebel